Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Crack of Dawn

I just figured out I can blog from my phone. I have one of those mini-computer phones, the kind that's really just ridiculous to call a phone since calling people on it is the thing you do the least. I'm a bit of a geek like that, I'd rather text than call and I get a kick out of googling random things.
So why am I up blogging at 6am on a Saturday? Can't get back to sleep. I never really can if I wake up after about 5 am. NG left for his test a few minutes ago after a very fitful night of sleep for both of us. I think I checked the aforementioned phone 8 times during the night afraid we'd oversleep. We set two alarms and are staying with (one of my dearest) friends who has a 5 month old baby. Realistically, oversleeping wasn't going to happen regardless. I had dreams about his test all night and when he was up at 5, I was up with him.
I got to share in the joy of a great report card yesterday, 4 A's and a high B! Its so awesome to share these things, to get to be part of a family, its hard for me to wrap my head around all I've been given sometimes. I've always wanted a family. It never occurred to me this is what it would look like, but as time goes on and I get more settled into it, it feels very normal. So what does TD want as a reward for such hard work? Chapter books. I'm so excited that reading is fun for her. What's funny is that she's reading some of the same ones I read at her age, and that shocks her.
As a sidenote, the conversation about the report card yesterday took place almost entirely on speaker phone. I have to wonder how her mom feels hearing me on the other end of the phone and having her daughter tell me she loves me.
Just a little insight into what goes through my head at the crack of dawn. Its still dark out. I love being a morning person.

No comments:

Post a Comment