Monday, November 9, 2009

Wow

Big happenings since my last post!
NG and I went to Georgia to see his sisters and (some of) their kids.  I think they liked me, at least that's what NG said.  Having mad baby skills helps...... when you can get a cranky 1yo to take a nap you get HUGE points.  I thanked my sister-in-law for that.  We had a really good time, and I like his sisters.  TD was moody, but overall pretty good.  She greeted me with a HUGE hug on Friday when I met them at NG's house, and I got another big hug Sunday morning.  She stayed with her cousin on Saturday, which was nice.  Usually when TD is with her cousin bad things happen, hair gets cut, mischief ensues, but this time they were very good.  TD does relatively well with behavioral corrections from me, and I think I have NG to thank for that since he backs me up.  She continues to try to 'tattle' on me, telling NG that I told her not to do something, and he continues to tell her that my rules are his rules.  On the car ride home she asked when we are getting married, if we had sent the invitations out, and why we hadn't.  NG explained that he had to ASK me to marry him, to which she replied "Hey Courtney will you marry my dad?"  Cute as pie.  We told her that is a decision we have to make and we'd keep her posted, she was temporarily seemingly satisfied with that.  When we got back on Sunday, and I asked NG to drop me off to grocery shop while he took NG to her mom's.  I want to meet bio-mom on my (ie. NG's house) turf, not on hers.  NG is trying to renegotiate some visitation and financial stuff, and I'm seeing fireworks coming.  It seems as though he has made himself available to spend holidays with TD, biomom, and her family since the seperation to make things easier on TD.  The result, it seems, has been confusion for TD.  So now he's going to be drawing some boundaires and I'm guessing yours truly will get the brunt of that.  I hope I'm wrong.
Today I started my new job.  I didn't sleep well AT ALL last night.....dreams about showing up at the wrong job and trapsing about in a bathing suit at work.  Anxiety anyone?????  I have never worked in a city, and now I'm smack dab in the middle of one.  That's a much bigger adjustment than the job itself.  I got lost twice, once on my way back from my car, once on my way to my car.  Pitiful.  I walked in my  building 4 times before I made it to my office.  NG led me (in his car) to my parking garage so I wouldn't get lost, then came to take me out for lunch to avoid first-day social awkwardness with the new work folks.  No prompting, all his idea.  So impressed AGAIN.  I like my new coworkers, and the job itself seems like a cakewalk compared to my last one.  Much less paperwork, fewer legalities, less severe issues.
So change, change everywhere.  I'm trying really hard to enjoy it and not worry, but as my dreams indicate, there's quite a bit of anxiety associated with all of it.  We talk about our future as if it's a foregone conclusion, down to whether TD is considered my dependent or not as far as my benefits at my new job.  It seems totally insane and totally sane all at once.  What's a girl to do????

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I hear ya. Hoss and I had a chat about 'lifelong commitment', his words not mine, and he's so totally matter of fact and normal about it, as if its all so obvious, and I'm NOT. I'm excited, but scared. And a little put off that it's so easy for him. Be nice if it were new territory for him too, but... well... again, I hear ya. Good luck in that new job!

    ReplyDelete