Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Getting Started

Well here it is, a diary of what it is like to be 32 *gasp!* and dating. Or trying to. Lots of first dates, a few second, and a rare third. After a particularly horrific experience with a recent boyfriend, it became evident that I could no longer contain all of the stories, ridiculousness, shenanigans, and belittling events that occur when someone is trying to find "the one". There is significant debate (in my head) on if "the one" even exists, or if its more a matter of just a good fit. "The One" is starting to feel like a juvenile and naive notion.
So here I am.........and a little backstory to make it all make more sense.......
Most recently I started seeing Jonathan*. All was GREAT. Spectacular. So great that I started to wonder what was wrong. I put these thoughts off as paranoia, too much time spent dating, too many bad experiences. We were planning trips, talking about meeting families, "I'm falling for you." came out of his (lying) mouth. Then WHAM he calls me up on a Monday night (after being in my house and talking about aforementioned trip on Sunday night) and starts babbling about his ex-wife and says he can't see me anymore. This blog is the aftermath of that experience.
Now I'm back to dating, via eHarmony. Most of my friends are fired from fixing me up, work is clearly not an option as the mental health center does not lend itself to romance, and I don't do well in bars.
The next page will be about the first guy I went out with after WHAM. Stay tuned.......



*names are changed to protect....well.......people, innocent or not

1 comment: