Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just Nice

I can't find a funny name for the new guy!!! No facial hair, no odd coversations about the end of the world, just a nice guy and a great date. Technically, I could call him New York since he's from there, but he's from upstate and has almost no accent, so that's not really a defining characteristic. He has spiky hair (shockingly isn't bald), but its not a mohawk or anything, so it's not particularly defining either. I guess I'll just go with Nice Guy for now, until I come up with something else.
Of course, in my world being a Nice Guy is a pretty defining characteristic! Soul Patch disappeared with some ramblings about his back. Bizarre, and definitely not nice behavior. Self-involved is a good description.
So Nice Guy and I met at Birkdale, had a glass of wine at the Corkscrew then dinner at the Fox and Hound next door. We were going to see a movie, that was the original plan, but we just got wrapped up in talking and never got around to it. We have a ridiculous amount of things in common. Big stuff like growing up on farms and losing our moms at a young age, and little stuff like being allergic to bees and needing to be fed frequently to avoid crankiness. Our date was Sunday night and we've talked every night since. I'm trying very hard to avoid the too-much-too-soon trap.
He's divorced and has an 8 year old daughter. He says the relationship with his ex-wife is amicable, no fighting over custody/visitation or any shenanigans like that. His daughter is excited for him to date, so that's good. He was unsure how I would feel about her, but I told him as long as everyone gets along and acts like grown ups enough to work out problems, I'm on board. I'm not interested in getting in the middle of drama, but it doesn't sound like there is any, or if there is it isn't much. Obviously I won't be meeting her anytime soon, but its good to know that the ground work seems to be there.
So our next date is tomorrow, Thursday, then probably Sunday. He has his daughter tonight and this weekend and I have company this weekend anyway, so it works out well. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment