Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hmmm.....


Later the same night of my last post, Soul Patch emailed. "Wanna do something sat?" Hmmm.....
On the one hand I'm thinking ok, he's a guy and guys (as I'm told repeatedly by my married friends) are weird. This one, apparently, is communication weird. On the other hand I think this man is an editor, he writes and fixes peoples' writing for a living, and the best he can come up with after a week and a half is "wanna do something sat?" Are you kidding me????? But we had fun on our last date, so ok off we go.
As a side note, I think sometimes that the most amusing thing about all this dating mess is the advice I get from my friends. Almost simultaneously I will get the exact opposite information. "Let him come to you." says one friend. "If you want to go out with him, ask him out." says another. Given the technological age we live in, I can and have received these two conflicting pieces of advice within 10 minutes of each other. It's enough to make a girl's head spin.
So the odd thing about Soul Patch is the sporadic nature of his communication. Its very spotty and often leaves me hanging. Didn't plan our date until about noon on Saturday, then I didn't get confirmation of where/when we were meeting until about 5p. I'm a planner, so I don't do well with that. Upon reflection, the underlying message here is that I need to unclench!! Seriously. I've been told this before, I've known this for a long time, and Mr. SoulPatch is showing it to me in living color.
We met at Boudreaux at 7 and then went to see The New Familiars at The Neighborhood Theatre next door. Dinner was yummy, good Cajun food (a little spice is nice) and my favorite beer (Chimay) on tap, which is very rare. Conversation took a minute to warm up, but once it did we were all set. We hopped next door and ended up having to hang out for quite a while before the music really got started. That was fun, we got to talk more and people watch. Ended up running into two good friends of mine, so that made the night even more fun. It was also a good opportunity to get some opinions on my date. Sarah really liked him, Scott withheld judgement since he didn't get to talk to him as much as Sarah, but did ask what my issue is with bald men. Leave it to Scott to ask the question to which I have no answer.
SoulPatch is very affectionate and snuggly. I'm all for that most of the time, I think I'm more shy about public affection than he is, but he takes hints really well. There was some dancing, and I haven't danced with a man in years, and some kissing and just general goodness. Attacked me like a starving man again when he walked me to my car, and I'm really starting to look forward to that now that I'm not so surprised. It's very clear that the attraction and chemistry are there, now its time to find out if there's any meat on the bone, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment