Friday, August 21, 2009

*sigh*

Nice Guy is still nice. Seriously. Really nice. Texts, IMs, calls. Offers to come here to see me, instead of me going there, and not just so I'll cook for him! He says sweet things, he's devoted to his daughter, enjoys his career, I'm not quite sure what to do with all of that.
Last night we met at PF Changs at 5:30p. The earlier the better, says Nice Guy, because he wants to spend as much time together as we can. He has his daughter this weekend and Katie's coming to see me, so it worked out well. He was so excited about our date that he would send me countdowns. Started a few days before, cute as can be. So we had dinner, split dishes, drank saki (yum!), and just talked. He keeps telling me how happy he is that we found each other. *sigh*
Neither of us had given the first thought to what we wanted to do after dinner, we were just so excited to get together again. This occurred to us about half way through dinner when we realized we were, well, half way through dinner and it was only 6:30p! So we kicked around a few ideas, but we both have had really really a long week at work, so we decided to go back to his house and watch a movie. Quiet was what we both needed. I picked Stepbrothers with Will Farrell, needed humor, not drama. Terrible movie, funny, but terrible. It took Nice Guy almost the whole movie to kiss me.
We have good chemistry. He's very sweet, but in a masculine way. I love his house. He's shorter than most guys I've dated, and it's unexpectedly nice. He is very open about how compatible he believes we are, and how excited he is about us. He thinks about the future and is putting me in those thoughts. I like that and it makes me wary, the guy who inspired this blog was the same way at first. I really hope this guy is for real, I don't think I can get my face kicked in again. The good news is that Nice Guy knows I'm wary and is willing to roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment