Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Getting There

It's been so helpful to hear from other stepmoms on the "always second" frame of mind, I'm glad to know it isn't just me that has struggled with this.  I think it really is a frame of mind, too, and I'm not sure where it came from to be honest.  It certainly isn't the message I get from NG, he's excited for our life and our children, including TD.  My guess, not shocking and just to be blunt, is it's a symptom of my own insecurity.  And why is it that I go a little crazy when I don't exercise???  Clearly I need a steady stream of happy brain chemicals.  Hopefully over time the insecurity will abate and life will go on.  I also wouldn't be surprised if being off birth control has something to do with the issue, I'm wondering if my body is still regulating itself hormonally.  Ponder ponder ponder.  This therapist needs to get out of her own head.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think it's an adjustment. You go into a relationship with an idea, and when that idea isn't what you thought it would be (or hadn't even considered), it's a shock.

    Hang in there--I think you are almost over the hump. :o)

    ReplyDelete