Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nothing and everything...........

That's my answer these days when people ask "What's going on?"  Nothing.....nothing that looks particularly busy, just regular family life.........and everything.....adjusting to married life, figuring out how to finance and build an addition to the house, exploring pregnancy and childbirth options (no, not preggers, just planning), Thanksgiving trip 10 hours to NY followed by our honeymoon followed by Christmas, you know EVERYTHING
How do you finance an addition when you don't have any equity?  How do you start a family when you have two bedrooms, both of which are occupied?  How do you have a conversation about any of these things when the walls have ears???  And when did birth become so freakin' complicated?  MD, C-section, epidural, episiotomy, midwife, doula, hospital, home, something called Hypnobabies.....enough to make my head spin and we're not even close to being there yet, especially given the aforementioned housing situation. 
The tenants moved into my house and found termites, so that's an exciting and new way to spend lots of money.  The tenant is an exterminator. 
My car is being refinanced, the trash people stopped picking up the trash, TD cheats at board games because she doesn't have sibilings who will pummel her for it, the tooth fairy forgot to come, I have an eye infection and am fighting bronchitis, car and house insurances need to be combined, NG's health insurance card hasn't come yet, and the oil change guys forgot to reset my sensor.  Oh, and we're out of mlk.   Then there's these pesky job things we have.  Love mine, NG needs a new one so add job hunting to the list. 
I'm so very thankful that I married NG or this would just be too much, he's super supportive and gets that I'm a tick overwhelmed.  So when I'm snippy, he just pats me and asks what he can do to help.
The honeymoon is the sanity inbetween.  A week in St. Lucia, where it will be warm and sunny and a cabana boy will bring me drinks at my whim.  Yes please. 

3 comments:

  1. NG didn't call TD out on the cheating? It is a shame there is no older (or younger for that matter) sib to pound her a good one for it. It's amazing the things we learn from our siblings.

    The new tenant didn't make up the termites just so he could some work, right??

    As for the rest, just breathe and take it one item at a time. Before you know it, that cabana boy's gonna have that drink comin' your way. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he didn't call her out, he just checked the rules (he's very logical) then told her I was right. :-)
    Breathing...........believe me, it's occurred to me that he's just looking for work. I'm demanding evidence, in a very nice way of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's something at least. I still contend a good pounding would cure her of it, though. ;oP

    I figured you would demand evidence, but still, what an annoyance. :oS

    ReplyDelete