Friday, November 19, 2010

So you had a bad day.....


This is what a bad morning looks like today.  Not the first clue where the woman came from or how I didn't see her.  The first memory I have is my airbag hitting me and then trying to figure out what happened.  I'm very thankful today for a lot of things.....patient 911 operators (could NOT figure out where I was, and this is the route I take to work a lot of days), helpful bystanders, friendly police and medics, a wonderful and supportive husband, helpful insurance people (including my stepbrother who's my agent, that my stepmom called and I think got out of bed to call me), and modern safety equipment.  At the very least I would have a concussion if it hadn't been for the air bag.  As it is, all I have is a sore sternum, and I am extremely thankful for that.

So I'm at home, and I'm going to find something to bake because that always helps me feel better.  Big thanks to Rach for the recipes, I think today is a great day to try some out, provided I have everything in the house since I'm clearly not driving anywhere.

3 comments:

  1. Good lord, Court, what a mess! I'm SO grateful you are relatively unscathed. Wow.

    Takes lots of good pain meds. I think candy may not be a bad idea at all--it heals most ills, you know. ;o)

    Hang in there and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they were kicking pieces of car out of the road. I'm due for some more ibuprofen, luckily my boss is a wonderful person and an RN, so she's a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking in to see how you're feeling. I'm glad you have such an amazing boss. :o)

    ReplyDelete