Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Phew!

What a marathon this week has been.  And it's only Wednesday.  Yesterday we spent alllllll evening and into the night cleaning out my house and getting it ready for the renters to move in Thursday.  What a huge chore.  Thankfully, I have great friends and a great husband, or I would probably still be there.  Well....if I didn't have the husband I'd still be living there and we wouldn't be having this conversation, but you get the point. 
We scrubbed floors, baseboards, tubs, sinks, toilets, EVERYTHING.  Hubs fixed the broken closet door track, which took some ingenuity since they have apparently stopped making the kind that was already there.  I mean seriously people, do we have to have innovations in such things????  Whatever.  Luckily he's handy and smart and got the job done.  I replaced flappers in toilets, cleaned bird poo off the porch, and ate dinner sitting on the floor. 
It was sad leaving my house.  It was MY house.  All mine, independently, with my stuff and my gardens.  I worked hard on that house!  I love my new chapter, and it's hard to close the other one.  I think that's allowed, right?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely that's allowed. You have a new book in front of you, and closing the other is tough. That was YOUR place, all your own. Where you became the adult you are. I get it.

    To that end, I'm glad the deed is done and that is an item off the to-do list. I'm sure you are bone tired.

    ReplyDelete